Re: Can concurrent create index concurrently block each other?

От Avinash Vallarapu
Тема Re: Can concurrent create index concurrently block each other?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I noticed this on PG 10 recently, while I agree it is an obsolete version.
pg_blocking_pids() showed that one of the CIC on a Table is blocked
by a CIC on another Table.

I saw them both created over a period of time after which I doubted
what was reported by pg_blocking_pids().

As it was PG 10, I could not see the phase of CIC and interestingly no wait events.
Anyways, PG 10 is unsupported but I would try it on a newer version.

Curious to understand why this would have happened.

Regards,
Avi Vallarapu.