Re: str_aggr function not wokring

От aditya desai
Тема Re: str_aggr function not wokring
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Sure!! Thanks for the response. Apologies for multiple questions. Faced this during high priority MSSQL to PostgreSQL migration. Did not see any equivalent of XML PATH which would give desired results. Finally was able to resolve the issue by rewriting the Proc using WITH and string_aggr in combination. However still facing performance issues in the same. Will investigate it.

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 5:08 PM Mike Sofen <msofen@runbox.com> wrote:

You realize that there are a million answers to your questions online?  Are you doing any google searches before bothering this list with basic questions?  I personally never email this list until I’ve exhausted all searches and extensive trial and error, as do most practitioners.  This list is incredibly patient and polite, and...there are limits.  Please consider doing more research before asking a question.  In your example below, you’re getting a basic subquery error – research how to fix that. Mike

From: aditya desai <admad123@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2021 4:32 AM
To: Pgsql Performance <pgsql-performance@lists.postgresql.org>
Subject: str_aggr function not wokring

Hi,

I need to combine results of multiple rows in one row. I get below error. Could you please help.

Query:

select string_agg((select '******' || P.PhaseName || ' - ' || R.Recommendation AS "ABC" from tblAssessmentRecommendation R,tblAssessmentPhases P

where  R.PhaseID = P.PhaseID  Order BY P.sortOrder DESC),' ')

Error:

ERROR: more than one row returned by a subquery used as an expression SQL state: 21000

Regards,

Aditya.