Re: Convert text to user defined datatype

От aditya desai
Тема Re: Convert text to user defined datatype
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Thanks guys! Let me try out few things and get back to you in case I am stuck.

On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 8:09 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
aditya desai <admad123@gmail.com> writes:
> Thanks Jean. However I am trying this inside procedure and getting an
> error. Will try to send screenshot.

That's frowned on around here.  Can't you copy-and-paste the code
and the error message?

As Jean-Marc says, you shouldn't really need a defined CAST
object to cast to or from text; Postgres will interpret that
as a request to apply the datatype's I/O functions.

You can formalize that by creating a cast "WITH INOUT", but
you shouldn't need to, so I think your problem here is something
different from what you said.  Hard to give more advice without
seeing the problem code and the specific error.

                        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: