Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)

От Ryan Lambert
Тема Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I didn't either, except it was referenced above as "forward hash".  I
> don't know why that was suggested, which is why I listed it as an
> option/suggestion.

My bad, sorry for the confusion!  I meant to say "cipher" not "hash".  I was (trying to) refer to the method of generating unpredictable IV from nonces using the forward cipher function and the encryption key.
Too many closely related words with very specific meanings.

Ryan

Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)
Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)