Re: Fix XML handling with DOCTYPE

От Ryan Lambert
Тема Re: Fix XML handling with DOCTYPE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I applied and reviewed xml-functions-type-docfix-6.patch.  Looks good to me.

I like the standardization (e.g. libxml2, node-set) and I didn't catch any spots that used the other versions.  I agree that the <note> is appropriate for that block.
It also looks like you incorporated Alvaro's feedback about sorting, or the lack thereof.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help get this accepted.  Thanks,

Ryan

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 5:45 PM Chapman Flack <chap@anastigmatix.net> wrote:
On 03/27/19 19:27, Chapman Flack wrote:
>   A column marked FOR ORDINALITY will be populated with row numbers
>   matching the order in which the output rows appeared in the original
>   input XML document.
>
> I've been skimming right over it all this time, and that right there is
> a glaring built-in reliance on the observable-but-disclaimed iteration
> order of a libxml2 node-set.

So, xml-functions-type-docfix-6.patch.

I changed that language to say "populated with row numbers, starting
with 1, in the order of nodes retrieved from the row_expression's
result node-set."

That's not such a terrible thing to have to say; in fact, it's the
*correct* description for the standard, XQuery-based, XMLTABLE (where
the language gives you control of the result sequence's order).

I followed that with a short note saying since XPath 1.0 doesn't
specify that order, relying on it is implementation-dependent, and
linked to the existing Appendix D discussion.

I would have like to link directly to the <listitem>, but of course
<xref> doesn't know what to call that, so I linked to the <sect3>
instead.

Regards,
-Chap

Сообщение: Re: speeding up planning with partitions
Сообщение: Re: speeding up planning with partitions