Re: utilities to rebuild commit logs from wal

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: utilities to rebuild commit logs from wal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 5:53 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 10:49:58AM +0200, Chris Travers wrote:
> Before we reinvent the wheel here, does anyone know of utilities to build
> commit logs from wal segments?  Or even to just fill with commits?
>
> I figure it is worth asking before I write one.

Uh, what are commit log?  pg_waldump output?

I was missing pg_xact segments and wanting to rebuild them following a major filesystem crash.

I ended up just writing copying in "all commits" because rollbacks were very rare on these dbs.  I am still curious if there is an easy way if one is missing a late segment to generate from WAL if enough WALs are stored and the WAL level is high enough.

It's not the end of the world but this has helped me to get data about 10 hours more recent than latest backup.  So....  so far so good.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

+ As you are, so once was I.  As I am, so you will be. +
+                      Ancient Roman grave inscription +

--
Best Regards,
Chris Travers

Tel: +49 162 9037 210 | Skype: einhverfr | www.adjust.com