Re: Pro et contra of preserving pg_proc oids during pg_upgrade

От Nikita Malakhov
Тема Re: Pro et contra of preserving pg_proc oids during pg_upgrade
Дата
Re: Pro et contra of preserving pg_proc oids during pg_upgrade  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi!

Say, we have data processed by some user function and we want to keep reference to this function
in our data. In this case we have two ways - first - store string output of regprocedure, which is not
very convenient, and the second - store its OID, which requires slight modification of pg_upgrade
(pg_dump and func/procedure creation function).

I've read previous threads about using regproc, and agree that this is not a very good case anyway,
but I haven't found any serious obstacles that forbid modifying pg_upgrade this way.

--
Regards,
Nikita Malakhov