Re: Tid scan improvements

От Edmund Horner
Тема Re: Tid scan improvements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 4 Sep 2019 at 10:34, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On 2019-Aug-01, Edmund Horner wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Sadly it is the end of the CF and I have not had much time to work on
> > this.  I'll probably get some time in the next month to look at the
> > heapam changes.
> >
> > Should we move to CF?  We have been in the CF cycle for almost a year now...
>
> Hello, do we have an update on this patch?  Last version that was posted
> was v9 from David on July 17th; you said you had made some changes on
> July 22nd but didn't attach any patch.  v9 doesn't apply anymore.

Hi pgsql-hackers,

I have had a lot of difficulty making the changes to heapam.c and I
think it's becoming obvious I won't get them done by myself.

The last *working* patch pushed the work into heapam.c, but it was
just a naive loop over the whole table.  I haven't found how to
rewrite heapgettup_pagemode in the way Andres suggests.

So, I think we need to either get some help from someone familiar with
heapam.c, or maybe shelve the patch.  It has been work in progress for
over a year now.

Edmund