Re: Performance degrades until dump/restore

От Chris
Тема Re: Performance degrades until dump/restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
That's a great idea Alban.  I think that between your suggestion and looking into memory & swap, we may be on to something.  I'll post back with more details (per the wiki suggestions) if I'm not able to get this resolved.
Thanks!
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com> wrote:
On 19 April 2012 16:09, Chris <bajasands@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
> It is postgres 9.1, with default settings.  The autovacuum settings are all
> commented out, I have not change dthem. My understanding is that analyze is
> also run automatically by default.
>
> So, I believe the answer to both questions is 'Yes'.

Most likely autovacuum is falling behind with default settings. If
that's the case, increasing the frequency with which it checks that
particular table should help.

Or you can explicitly run VACUUM ANALYZE after a batch of inserts finished.