Re: [HACKERS] Protect syscache from bloating with negative cache entries

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Protect syscache from bloating with negative cache entries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 20 December 2016 at 21:59, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> We could implement this by having
> some process, like the background writer,
> SendProcSignal(PROCSIG_HOUSEKEEPING) to every process in the system
> every 10 minutes or so.

... on a rolling basis.

Otherwise that'll be no fun at all, especially with some of those
lovely "we kept getting errors so we raised max_connections to 5000"
systems out there. But also on more sensibly configured ones that're
busy and want nice smooth performance without stalls.