Re: bdr admin role

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: bdr admin role
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4 September 2015 at 21:46, Ray Stell <stellr@vt.edu> wrote:

>>> It works if I init with "-U postgresql"
>
> The demo works fine if
> I use the string "postgresql" as the admin role.  It looks like you might
> want to build -U support into bdr at some point.

It's not at all clear to me how this is happening. The string
"postgresql" isn't hardcoded by BDR anywhere that it could conceivably
be passed as a username for a connection string, so I'm not sure
what's going on.

I've never used "postgresql" as the default superuser name. Typically
I use "postgres".

I don't see anything particularly informative in the main PostgreSQL
sources that could explain it either. We pass "postgresql" as the
PGSQL_PAM_SERVICE and use it as the default RADIUS identifier, but I
fail to see how those could get passed as the login role identifier.

Are you running it under a unix user named "postgresql", by any chance?