Build process documentation? Also patches to make it easier to buildindividual packages

От Craig Ringer
Тема Build process documentation? Also patches to make it easier to buildindividual packages
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi

When I had to rebuild PostGIS 2.5 for EL-6 on Pg12 for a user, I found that the current build process for the repo appears to be undocumented. At least anywhere I could find in the repo, main pgdg yum site, and wiki entrypoint.

It looks like builds have transitioned to koji? Given ./scripts/kojimachines/syncscripts/buildpackage.sh etc?

Is there any chance I can request a short README of a couple of paragraphs added to the root of the repo that lists what's in each important directory, points to the important URLs, and mentions how the packages are built?

Would you be interested in accepting a sample definition for a container image to build/rebuild individual packages with too? To save others time in future if they need to do so? If you don't want to, that's fine, I can publish it separately.

On a side note: some spec files do not parse without additional macros so "yum builddep" cannot process them unless a definition for %pgmajorversion is added in ~/.rpmmacros . EL-6's yum builddep doesn't have a --define option to use at the command line. So in order to "yum builddep" those spec files I had to first

    echo '%pgmajorversion 12' >> /root/.rpmmacros

in my build container. Hope this helps someone else.

 2ndQuadrant - PostgreSQL Solutions for the Enterprise