Re: PostgreSQL's handling of fsync() errors is unsafe and risks data loss at least on XFS

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: PostgreSQL's handling of fsync() errors is unsafe and risks data loss at least on XFS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8 April 2018 at 17:41, Andreas Karlsson <andreas@proxel.se> wrote:
On 04/08/2018 05:27 AM, Craig Ringer wrote:> More below, but here's an idea #5: decide InnoDB has the right idea, and
go to using a single massive blob file, or a few giant blobs.

FYI: MySQL has by default one file per table these days. The old approach with one massive file was a maintenance headache so they change the default some releases ago.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/innodb-multiple-tablespaces.html

Huh, thanks for the update.

We should see how they handle reliable flushing and see if they've looked into it. If they haven't, we should give them a heads-up and if they have, lets learn from them.