Re: [HACKERS] [TRAP: FailedAssertion] causing server to crash

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [TRAP: FailedAssertion] causing server to crash
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 20 July 2017 at 15:00, Neha Sharma <neha.sharma@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Craig,

I had done a fresh initdb,the default parameter configuration was used. I was setting few set of parameters while startup by the below command.

./postgres -d postgres -c shared_buffers=$shared_bufs -N 200 -c min_wal_size=15GB -c max_wal_size=20GB -c checkpoint_timeout=900 -c maintenance_work_mem=1GB -c checkpoint_completion_target=0.9 &

Now I have modified the script a bit with Robert's suggestion as below. Instead of starting it with postgres binary i have set it in conf file and starting the server with pg_ctl. I am waiting for the results,once the core dump is generated will share the details.

Thanks.

To verify that you do get a coredump, you might want to consider sending a kill -SEGV to a backend and make sure that it actually dumps core and you can find the core.

Ideally you'd actually set the coredumps to include shmem (see coredump_filter in http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man5/core.5.html), but with 8GB shared_buffers that may not be practical. It'd be very useful if possible.

If this is wraparound-related, as it appears to be, you might get faster results by using a custom pgbench script for one or more workers that just runs txid_current() a whole lot. Or jump the server's xid space forward.

I've got a few other things on right now but I'll keep an eye out and hope for a core dump.