Re: [HACKERS] JDBC behaviour

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: [HACKERS] JDBC behaviour
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 23 February 2016 at 22:46, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 23 February 2016 at 21:34, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I believe Sridhar is imagining that someday "set autocommit to false"
>> might be a command that the server would understand.

> ... I guess. Yeah.

We've been there, we've done that.  We're not doing it again.

Thanks for the pointer to the history.

I had zero enthusiasm for going that way anyway and was mostly trying to figure out what Sridhar was talking about. It's useful to know it's already been explored though.

I think we know where we need to go from here - updating that PgJDBC patch to add a connection option, making sure it doesn't add round-trips, adding tests and merging it. At this point it's up to Sridhar to start putting time and development effort into it to push it forward if desired.