Re: Documenting PROVE_TESTS in section of TAP tests

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Documenting PROVE_TESTS in section of TAP tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 17 February 2018 at 22:03, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
Hi all,

The section of the documentation dedicated to TAP tests mentions
PROVE_FLAGS:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/regress-tap.html

I think that it would be a good idea to mention PROVE_TESTS as well.  I
personally use and abuse of it, and documenting it instead of keeping it
hidden in Makefile.global.in is good for new developers and testers.

Proposal of patch attached.

Good plan. I thought it was already mentioned, but that mention is only in src/test/perl/README where I doubt people routinely running the tests will see it. I think I put it there mainly to help people writing/fixing tests.