Re: Forthcoming SQL standards about JSON and Multi-Dimensional Arrays (FYI)

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Forthcoming SQL standards about JSON and Multi-Dimensional Arrays (FYI)
Дата
Re: Forthcoming SQL standards about JSON and Multi-Dimensional Arrays (FYI)  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1 July 2016 at 17:52, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 2:51 AM, Stefan Keller <sfkeller@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FYI: I'd just like to point you to following two forthcoming standard
> parts from "ISO/IEC JTS 1/SC 32" comittee: one on JSON, and one on
> "Multi-Dimensional Arrays" (SQL/MDA).
>
> They define there some things different as already in PG. See also
> Peter Baumann's slides [1] and e.g. [2]

I' very dissapointed with this.

Yeah, but since when has the SQL standard adopted any existing implementation's spelling of a feature? It seems to be politically impossible.