Re: foreign table batch inserts

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: foreign table batch inserts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 20 May 2016 at 08:47, Tsunakawa, Takayuki <tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:

From: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Craig Ringer

Well, there's FE/BE level batching/pipelining already. Just no access to it from libpq.

Oh, really.  The Bind ('B') appears to take one set of parameter values, not multiple sets (array).  Anyway, I had to say "I want batch update API in libpq" to use it in ODBC and ECPG.

Right, and there's no protocol level support for array-valued batches.

You can, however, omit Sync from between messages and send a series of protocol messages, like

Parse/Bind/Execute/Bind/Execute/Bind/Execute/Sync

to avoid round-trip overheads.