Re: [HACKERS] tap tests on older branches fail if concurrency is used

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: [HACKERS] tap tests on older branches fail if concurrency is used
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1 June 2017 at 08:15, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when using
> $ cat ~/.proverc
> -j9
>
> some tests fail for me in 9.4 and 9.5.  E.g. src/bin/script's tests
> yields a lot of fun like:
> $ (cd ~/build/postgres/9.5-assert/vpath/src/bin/scripts/ && make check)
> # LOG:  received immediate shutdown request
> # WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
> # DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because
anotherserver process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.

> # HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and repeat your command.
>
> it appears as if various tests are trampling over each other.  If needed
> I can provide detailed logs, but it appears to readily reproduce on
> several machines...

I'll take a look at what's changed and why it's happening and get back to you.

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] TAP backpatching policy
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Patch: Add --no-comments to skip COMMENTs with pg_dump