Re: [HACKERS] SCRAM authentication, take three

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: [HACKERS] SCRAM authentication, take three
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7 April 2017 at 15:59, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> On 04/07/2017 10:38 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>> Not sure if it would be doable in the code, but we could also have:
>> host all all example.com scram method=sha256plus,sha256
>>
>> or something like that. Which would fit within the current syntax of the
>> file. But I think it might not be enough, because then you couldn't have
>> two entries with different scram methods for the same combination of the
>> other fields -- the hba *matching* doesn't look at the options fields.
>
> You can't have two entries with the same type+database+user+address
> combination, period. (Or if you do, the second one is ignored.)

So we need a methods= list for users who want to constrain the allowed
methods, accepting a list of methods. This is just how things like SSH
work; e.g. ssh_config might contain
   Ciphers             aes128-cbc,3des-cbc

if you feel like using the old dodgy stuff today.

If the user doesn't supply a methods= list, they get a full list of
supported methods by the server to choose from in the 'B' message, and
can auth with any one of them.

I'm aware there are some compat concerns there, but existing clients
will already have no idea what the scram method is, so now's our
chance to lock it in as containing a *list* of permitted methods. Even
though to start with it it's hard coded.