Re: Shared memory estimation for postgres

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Shared memory estimation for postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>Thanks for all the help and time. I have already developed a code where I<br /> > can exactly calculate the to
beallocated shared memory value based on the<br /> > Postgres 9.5.4 code (i went through the code, found out the
sizesand offset<br /> > of all the structures used in the memory calculation process and then use<br /> > the
valuesfrom postgres.conf file to calculate the required value).<br /> ><br /> > But the problem is if there is
anychange in the structures or anything is<br /> > newly added in the next major version, I need to look at the code
againand<br /> > see what changed and then modify the hardcoded values of the structure size.<br /> > I'm trying
toavoid that.<p dir="ltr">Earlier I suggested adding a command line flag to the backend that, like --version, prints
thedesired info and exits.<p dir="ltr">It's still most unclear to me what the underlying problem you're trying to solve
hereis. Why you want this info and why you're so keen to avoid starting a backend to find it.

От: Etsuro Fujita
Сообщение: Re: Push down more UPDATEs/DELETEs in postgres_fdw
От: Ashutosh Bapat
Сообщение: Re: Declarative partitioning - another take