Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: GetOldestXminExtend for ignoring arbitraryvacuum flags

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: GetOldestXminExtend for ignoring arbitraryvacuum flags
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 14 February 2017 at 14:19, Seki, Eiji <seki.eiji@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I propose the patch that adds a function GetOldestXminExtended that is like GetOldestXmin but can ignore arbitrary
vacuumflags. And then, rewrite GetOldestXmin to use it. Note that this is done so as not to change the behavior of
GetOldestXmin.

FWIW, I have changes in the logical decoding on standby patch that
also need to extend GetOldestXmin. Specifically, I need to be able to
return the catalog_xmin separately, rather than the current behaviour
of returning what's effectively min(xmin,catalog_xmin).

It's only loosely related to this change, but may be relevant.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] case_preservation_and_insensitivity = on
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Poor memory context performance in large hash joins