Re: [HACKERS] shm_mq_wait_internal gets stuck forever on fast shutdown

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: [HACKERS] shm_mq_wait_internal gets stuck forever on fast shutdown
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 21 August 2017 at 21:44, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

While this would work, I don't really see the need for it given the
availability of nonblocking operations.  See mq_putmessage() for an
example.

Makes sense, and I'm not especially concerned. If the expected solution to such usage is to use non-blocking calls, that's fine with me.

I partly wanted to put this out there to help the next person looking into it. Or myself, when I've forgotten and go looking again ;) . But also, to ensure that this was in fact fully expected behaviour not an oversight re applying shm_mq to non-bgworker endpoints.