Re: Most efficient way for libPQ .. PGresult serialization

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Most efficient way for libPQ .. PGresult serialization
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 18 August 2016 at 10:05, Joshua Bay <joshuabay93@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I was trying to implement a middleware that lies between client and postgres.

So, this middleware is supposed to run query with libpq, do its job on them, and then serialize the result of query, and send it to the client ! (client deserializes to PGresult)

I could simply iterate over rows and columns but than that would be slow.
I also found that query results consist of 3 parts (PGresult, tuples, data blocks).

Could I please get some pointers ? :)

Take a look at the code for PgBouncer and PgPool-II. Both implement PostgreSQL protocol proxies you could use as starting points.