Re: [HACKERS] Make pg_regress print a connstring with sockdir

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Make pg_regress print a connstring with sockdir
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
============== starting postmaster                    ==============
running with PID 30235; connect with:
  psql "host='/tmp/pg_regress-j74yFE' port=50848 dbname='regression'"
============== creating database "regression"         ==============

On 28 August 2017 at 14:08, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 2:28 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> It's a pain having to find the postmaster command line to get the port
> pg_regress started a server on. We print the port in the pg_regress output,
> why not the socket directory / host?
>
> How about
> running on 'port=50848 host=/tmp/pg_regress-UMrcT3' with PID 16409
>
> per the attached?
>
> If you'd prefer nicer wording at the expense of two lines, maybe
>
> running with PID 16409
> connection string: 'port=50848 host=/tmp/blah'

Yeah, I think that this is a good idea.
--
Michael

Вложения

От: "yangjie@highgo.com"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] hash partitioning based on v10Beta2