Re: In logical replication concurrent update of partition key createsa duplicate record on standby.

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: In logical replication concurrent update of partition key createsa duplicate record on standby.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7 February 2018 at 17:33, Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan.pg@gmail.com> wrote:

A quick thinking on how to resolve this makes me wonder if we can
manage to pass some information through logical decoding that the
delete is part of a partition key update. This is analogous to how we
set some information locally in the tuple by setting
tp.t_data->t_ctid.ip_blkid to InvalidBlockNumber.

We already do something similar for UPDATEs that change the REPLICA IDENTITY; we include the oldkey in extra WAL.

The main question is whether the required knowledge is available at a suitable level.