Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.

От Isaac Morland
Тема Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2 Nov 2021 at 19:00, Vik Fearing <vik@postgresfriends.org> wrote:
On 11/2/21 11:14 PM, Vik Fearing wrote:

> This would be nice, but there is nothing to hang our hat on:
>
>     GRANT CHECKPOINT TO username;

Thinking about this more, why don't we just add CHECKPOINT and
NOCHECKPOINT attributes to roles?

    ALTER ROLE username WITH CHECKPOINT;

At present, this would require adding a field to pg_authid. This isn't very scalable; but we're already creating new pg_* roles which give access to various actions so I don't know why a role attribute would be a better approach. If anything, I think it would be more likely to move in the other direction: replace role attributes that in effect grant privileges with predefined roles. I think this has already been discussed here in the context of CREATEROLE.