Re: Documentation clarification re: ANALYZE

От Isaac Morland
Тема Re: Documentation clarification re: ANALYZE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 at 17:31, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 2:14 PM Isaac Morland <isaac.morland@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm looking at https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-analyze.html, where it says “Without a table_and_columns list, ANALYZE processes every table and materialized view in the current database that the current user has permission to analyze.”.

I don’t believe there is a separate “analyze” permission, so which tables is this? Tables owned by the user? Ones where it can insert/update/delete? Ones where it can select?

Owners only - at least in previous releases.  I don't recall whether the addition of new roles to cover subsets of administrative privileges ever was extended to cover vacuum/analyze but I do not think it has.

Thanks. So presumably I would also have permission if I have SET ROLEd to the owner, or to a role which is an INHERIT member of the owner.