Re: Exposing the lock manager's WaitForLockers() to SQL

От Will Mortensen
Тема Re: Exposing the lock manager's WaitForLockers() to SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I suppose if it's correct that we need to lock the table first (at least
in ACCESS SHARE mode), an option to LOCK perhaps makes
more sense. Maybe you could specify two modes like:

LOCK TABLE IN _lockmode_ MODE AND THEN WAIT FOR CONFLICTS WITH _waitmode_ MODE;

But that might be excessive. :-D And I don't know if there's any
reason to use a _lockmode_ other than ACCESS SHARE.

(https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/216a784829c2c5f03ab0c43e009126cbb819e9b2/src/backend/storage/lmgr/lmgr.c#L986),