Re: Exposing the lock manager's WaitForLockers() to SQL

От Will Mortensen
Тема Re: Exposing the lock manager's WaitForLockers() to SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 26, 2024 at 4:54 AM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:

> CFBot shows that there is one warning as in [1]:
> patching file doc/src/sgml/libpq.sgml
> [09:30:40.000] [943/2212] Compiling C object
> src/backend/postgres_lib.a.p/storage_lmgr_lock.c.obj
> [09:30:40.000] c:\cirrus\src\backend\storage\lmgr\lock.c(4084) :
> warning C4715: 'ParseLockmodeName': not all control paths return a
> value

Thanks Vignesh, I guess the MS compiler doesn't have
__builtin_constant_p()? So I added an unreachable return, and a
regression test that exercises this error path.

I also made various other simplifications and minor fixes to the code,
docs, and tests.

Back in v5 (with a new SQL command) I had a detailed example in the
docs, which I removed when changing to a function, and I'm not sure if
I should try to add it back now...I could shrink it but it might still
be too long for this part of the docs?

Anyway, please see attached.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations
Сообщение: Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations