Re: getting async raise notice messages

От Pawel Veselov
Тема Re: getting async raise notice messages
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 3:42 PM, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:
Pawel,

Have a look at org/postgresql/test/jdbc2/NotifyTest.java for exactly what you proposed. As for when it gets notified, I do not know how you would tell as the spec does not provide this functionality (AFAIK)

AFAIK too JDBC doesn't. But IMHO, a meaningful (short of polling on a timer, which makes it either CPU intensive, or delayed) LISTEN/NOTIFY application is not particularly possible without a mechanism that will somehow call into the app to notify that a notification is ready.

Also, 'raise notice' from a statement is treated as SQLWarning by the driver, not a notification. I've poked around the source and it's actually quite tricky. Warnings that come out anything but the result response are attached directly to the connection. But the result warnings are sent through some cumbersome (to me :) ) chain of handlers.

I've put together this patch (over 9.1-902, which is just what I currently use), if anybody's interested: http://pastebin.com/KftdtdNq ,but:
- it uses JDK6 stuff
- has effect of copying all statements/resultset warnings into connection warnings

Also, thank you, Kevin. May be I'll try out the NG driver once I upgrade the project JDK :)

Thanks,
  Pawel.

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca