Re: Inconsistency in reporting checkpointer stats

От Nitin Jadhav
Тема Re: Inconsistency in reporting checkpointer stats
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I apologize for not being active on this thread. However, I have now
returned to the thread and confirmed that the inconsistency is still
present in the latest code. I believe it’s crucial to address this
issue, and I am currently submitting the v5 version of the patch. The
v4 version had addressed the feedback from Bharath, Kyotaro, Andres,
and Robert. The current version has been rebased to incorporate
Vignesh’s suggestions. In response to Michael’s comments, I’ve moved
the new ‘slru_written’ column from the ‘pg_stat_bgwriter’ view to the
‘pg_stat_checkpointer’ in the attached patch.

To summarize our discussions, we’ve reached a consensus to correct the
mismatch between the information on buffers written as displayed in
the ‘pg_stat_checkpointer’ view and the checkpointer log message.
We’ve also agreed to separate the SLRU buffers data from the buffers
written and present the SLRU buffers data in a distinct field.

I have created the new commitfest entry here
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/49/5130/.
Kindly share if any comments.

Best Regards,
Nitin Jadhav
Azure Database for PostgreSQL
Microsoft

On Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 1:20 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 20, 2024 at 08:10:03AM +0530, vignesh C wrote:
> > The patch does not apply anymore, please post a rebased version of the patch :
>
> There is more to it.  Some of the columns of pg_stat_bgwriter have
> been moved to a different view, aka pg_stat_checkpointer.  I have
> marked the patch as returned with feedback for now, so feel free to
> resubmit if you can get a new version of the patch.
> --
> Michael

Вложения