Re: Show WAL write and fsync stats in pg_stat_io

От Nitin Jadhav
Тема Re: Show WAL write and fsync stats in pg_stat_io
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Perhaps Nitin was thinking of a scenario in which WAL hits are counted
> as hits on the same IOObject as shared buffer hits. Since this thread
> has been going on for awhile and we haven't recently had a schema
> overview, I could understand if there was some confusion

Yes. I was considering a scenario where WAL hits are counted as hits
on the same IOObject as shared buffer hits.

> For clarity,
> I will restate that the current proposal is to count WAL buffer hits
> for IOObject WAL, which means they will not be mixed in with shared
> buffer hits.
>
> And I think it makes sense to count WAL IOObject hits since increasing
> wal_buffers can lead to more hits, right?

Thank you for the clarification. I agree with the proposal to count
WAL buffer hits for IOObject WAL separately from shared buffer hits.
This distinction will provide a more accurate representation.

Best Regards,
Nitin Jadhav
Azure Database for PostgreSQL
Microsoft