Re: How can I set a timeout for a locked table in Function ?

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: How can I set a timeout for a locked table in Function ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 1:05 PM Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:
Michael Lewis schrieb am 03.01.2020 um 18:00:

> Why take an exclusive lock on an entire table to update a single row?

That's what I was asking myself as well.

Note that the code takes "row exclusive", not "exclusive".  It is several notches less restrictive, and is the mode an UPDATE statement is going to take anyway.  It still isn't clear why he is doing it, however.

Cheers,

Jeff

Сообщение: Re: When should parameters be passed as text v. binary?
Сообщение: Re: When should parameters be passed as text v. binary?