Re: UPDATEDs slowing SELECTs in a fully cached database

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: UPDATEDs slowing SELECTs in a fully cached database
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 7/12/11, lars <lhofhansl@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The fact that a select (maybe a big analytical query we'll run) touching
> many rows will update the WAL and wait
> (apparently) for that IO to complete is making a fully cached database
> far less useful.
> I just artificially created this scenario.

I can't think of any reason that that WAL would have to be flushed
synchronously.

There is already code that makes transactions that only have certain
kinds of "maintenance" WAL to skip the flush. Could this pruning WAL
be added to that group?

Сообщение: Re: Planner choosing NestedLoop, although it is slower...
Сообщение: Re: Planner choosing NestedLoop, although it is slower...