Re: Streaming replication with sync slave, but disconnects due to missing WAL segments

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: Streaming replication with sync slave, but disconnects due to missing WAL segments
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 11:26 PM, <Mads.Tandrup@schneider-electric.com> wrote:
Hi

Thanks for your reply. Do you know of any options that I could give pg_dump/psql to avoid creating one big transaction? I'm using the plain text format for pg_dump.

For the plain text format, it is already not one big transaction, unless you specify to -1 to the psql.  However, the load of any individual table will still be a single transaction, so for a very large table it will still be a very long transaction.

Using pg_dump for --inserts could get around this, but it would probably be better to fix the fundamental problem by increasing wal_keep_segments or something of that nature.

Cheers,

Jeff