Re: [PERFORM] performance problem on big tables

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: [PERFORM] performance problem on big tables
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 3:06 AM, Mariel Cherkassky <mariel.cherkassky@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
So I I run the cheks that jeff mentioned :
\copy (select * from oracle_remote_table) to /tmp/tmp with binary - 1 hour and 35 minutes
\copy local_postresql_table from /tmp/tmp with binary - Didnt run because the remote oracle database is currently under maintenance work.

The "\copy...from" doesn't depend on oracle, it would be only depend on local file system (/tmp/tmp), provided that the "\copy...to" finished.  Anyway, given the length of time it took, I think you can conclude the bottleneck is in oracle_fdw itself, or in Oracle, or the network.

Cheers,

Jeff

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Odd sudden performance degradation related to tempobject churn
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Odd sudden performance degradation related to tempobject churn