Re: Problem with displaying "wide" tables in psql

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: Problem with displaying "wide" tables in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 10:45 PM, Sergey Muraviov <sergey.k.muraviov@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi.

Psql definitely have a problem with displaying "wide" tables.
Even in expanded mode, they look horrible.
So I tried to solve this problem.

I get compiler warnings:

print.c: In function 'print_aligned_vertical':
print.c:1238: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code
print.c: In function 'print_aligned_vertical':
print.c:1238: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code

But I really like this and am already benefiting from it.  No point in having the string of hyphens between every record wrap to be 30 lines long just because one field somewhere down the list does so.  And configuring the pager isn't much of a solution because the pager doesn't know that the hyphens are semantically different than the other stuff getting thrown at it.

Cheers,

Jeff