Re: [External] Re: FDW, too long to run explain

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: [External] Re: FDW, too long to run explain
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 6:32 AM Vijaykumar Jain <vjain@opentable.com> wrote:
I am yet to figure out the reason, what we have done is implement fake columns to represent samples and giving them random numbers and keeping other bulls to fake limit.

Most of the queries that were impacted were the ones that did not push order by and limit to foreign servers.
I am also trying to upgrade pg11 to make use of parallelisation.

postgres_fdw operates through declared cursors, and declared cursors inhibit parallel query.  This doesn't change in v11, see https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/when-can-parallel-query-be-used.html

I'm not aware of any other changes in v11 that are likely to help you out.

Cheers,

Jeff