Re: Autovac cancellation is broken in v14

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: Autovac cancellation is broken in v14
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 3:10 PM Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
If I create a large table with "CREATE TABLE ... AS SELECT ... from generate_series(1,3e7)" with no explicit transactions, then once it is done I wait for autovac to kick in, then when I try to build an index on that table (or drop the table) the autovac doesn't go away on its own.

After a bit more poking at this, I think we are checking if we ourselves are an autovac process, not doing the intended check of whether the other guy is one.

Where would be a good spot to add a regression test for this?  "isolation_regression" ?
Cheers,

Jeff

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: WIP: WAL prefetch (another approach)
Сообщение: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: WIP: WAL prefetch (another approach)