Re: [HACKERS] pgbench: faster version of tpcb-like transaction

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pgbench: faster version of tpcb-like transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 4:28 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 3:53 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
> I get nearly a 3 fold speed up using the new transaction, from 9184 to 26383
> TPS, on 8 CPU machine using scale 50 and:
>
> PGOPTIONS="-c synchronous_commit=off" pgbench -c32 -j32 -T60 -b tpcb-like

What about with "-M prepared"? I think that most of us use that
setting already, especially with CPU-bound workloads.

I still get a 2 fold improvement, from 13668 to 27036, when both transactions are tested with -M prepared.

I am surprised, I usually haven't seen that much difference for the default queries between prepared or not, to the point that I got out of the habit of testing with it.  But back when I was testing with and without systematically, I did notice that it changed a lot depending on hardware and concurrency.  And of course from version to version different bottlenecks come and go.

And thanks to Tom for letting me put -M at the end of the command line now.

Cheers,

Jeff

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pgbench: faster version of tpcb-like transaction
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pgbench: faster version of tpcb-like transaction