Re: allowing VACUUM to be cancelled for conflicting locks

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: allowing VACUUM to be cancelled for conflicting locks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 12:52 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Tom Lane wrote:

>>> I think the real answer to that is "stop using manual VACUUM".

>> As much as I'm a fan of autovacuum, that's not always possible.

> Or even recommended, unless the docs changed radically in the last
> couple of weeks.

Actually, having just looked at the code in question, I think this whole
thread is based on an obsolete assumption.  AFAICS, since commit b19e4250b
manual vacuum behaves exactly like autovacuum as far as getting kicked off
the exclusive lock is concerned.  There's certainly not any tests for
autovacuum in lazy_truncate_heap() today.

I assumed he was a talking about the SHARE UPDATE EXCLUSIVE used during the main work, not the ACCESS EXCLUSIVE one used during truncation.

Cheers,

Jeff

Сообщение: Re: allowing VACUUM to be cancelled for conflicting locks
Сообщение: Re: allowing VACUUM to be cancelled for conflicting locks