Re: [PERFORM] Handling small inserts from many connections.

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Handling small inserts from many connections.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 1:14 AM, 우성민 <dntjdals0513@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi team,

I'm trying to configure postgres and pgbouncer to handle many inserts from many connections.

Here's some details about what i want to achieve :

  We have more than 3000 client connections, and my server program forks backend process for each client connections.
  If backend processes send a request to its connected client, the client send some text data(about 3000 bytes) to the backend process and wait for
  next request.
  The backend process execute insert text data using PQexec from libpq lbirary, if PQexec is done, backend process send request to
  client again.

  All the inserts using one, same table.

The problem is, clients wait too long due to insert process is too slow.
It seems to working fine at first, but getting slows down after couple of hours,
each insert query takes 3000+ ms and keep growing.

If it takes a couple hours for it to slow down, then it sounds like you have a leak somewhere in your code.

Run "top" and see who is using the CPU time (or the io wait time, if that is what it is, and the memory)

Cheers,

Jeff

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Handling small inserts from many connections.
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Handling small inserts from many connections.