Re: Git-master regression failure

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: Git-master regression failure
Дата
Re: Git-master regression failure  (Svenne Krap <svenne.lists@krap.dk>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Svenne Krap <svenne.lists@krap.dk> wrote:

On 18-06-2013 18:40, Svenne Krap wrote:
> Any ideas what might have happened?

After doing some more digging...

My laptop (which runs PostgreSQL 9.2.4 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled
by x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc (Gentoo 4.7.3 p1.0, pie-0.5.5) 4.7.3,
64-bit)  also returns "99", if I

- - run the CREATE TABLE tenk1 (from the git-master)
- - load data from tenk.data (from git-master)
- - run the "offending part" of the create_index.sql (also from git-master):

But 9.2.4 does pass "make check", and only fails if you reproduce those things manually?

If so, I'm guessing that you have some language/locale settings that "make check" neutralizes in 9.2.4, but that neutralization is broken in HEAD.

As I have no real idea of what "~<~" is for an operator (I have looked
it up as scalarltjoinsel), but I cannot find any semantics for it in the
docs*... So I have no way of manually checking the expected result.

Yes, it does seem to be entirely undocumented.  Using:
git grep '~<~', I found the code comment "character-by-character (not collation order) comparison operators for character types"

Anyway, if REL9_2_4 passes make check, but 073d7cb513f5de44530f fails, then you could use "git bisect" to find the exact commit that broke things.

Cheers,

Jeff