Re: [GENERAL] full text search on hstore or json with materialized view?

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: [GENERAL] full text search on hstore or json with materialized view?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Please don't top-post, thanks.

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 3:18 PM, Rj Ewing <ewing.rj@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

Full text search of JSON and JSONB data is coming in Postgres 10, which
is to to be released in September of this year:

        https://www.depesz.com/2017/04/04/waiting-for-postgresql-10-full-text-search-support-for-json-and-jsonb/

A step in the right direction for me, however it doesn't appear to support per field full text searching.
It is exciting though!

Your best bet might be to ignore the per-field searching in the initial (indexed) pass of the query to get everything that has all the search terms, regardless of which field they occur in.  And the re-check whether each of the found values was found in the appropriate field in a later pass.

Something like

select * from sample where
             to_tsvector(json_thing->>:key1) @@ :value1
      and to_tsvector(json_thing->>:key2) @@ :value2
      and to_tsvector('english',json_thing) @@ (:value1 || :value2)

From the initial email:

An idea that has come up is to use a materialized view or secondary table with triggers, where we would have 3 columns (id, key, value).

How would this be different from the "triple store" you are abandoning?

Cheers,

Jeff