Re: patch: avoid heavyweight locking on hash metapage

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: patch: avoid heavyweight locking on hash metapage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 5:42 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm.  That was actually a gloss I added on existing code to try to
> convince myself that it was safe; I don't think that the changes I
> made make that any more or less safe than it was before.

Right, sorry.  I thought there was some strength reduction going on
there as well.

Thanks for the various explanations, they address my concerns.  I see
that v2 applies over v1.

I've verified performance improvements using 8 cores with my proposed
pgbench -P benchmark, with a scale that fits in shared_buffers.
It brings it most of the way, but not quite, up to the btree performance.

I've marked this as ready for committer.

Cheers,

Jeff

Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_lwlocks view - lwlocks statistics
Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_lwlocks view - lwlocks statistics