Re: Primary keepalive message not appearing in Logical Streaming Replication

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: Primary keepalive message not appearing in Logical Streaming Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 11:44 AM Michael Loftis <mloftis@wgops.com> wrote:

On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 08:36 Virendra Negi <viren.negi@teliax.com> wrote:
Oh I miss the documentation link there you go https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/protocol-replication.html

On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 8:05 PM Virendra Negi <viren.negi@teliax.com> wrote:
Agreed but why is there a message specification for it describe in the documentation  and it ask to client reply back if a particular *bit* is set.(1 means that the client should reply to this message as soon as possible, to avoid a timeout disconnect. 0 otherwise)

This is unrelated to TCP keepalive. I honestly don't know where the knob is to turn these on but the configuration variables you quoted earlier I am familiar with and they are not it. Perhaps someone else can chime in with how to enable the protocol level keepalive in replication.

Protocol-level keepalives are governed by "wal_sender_timeout"

Cheers,

Jeff