Re: PostgreSQL Database performance

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Database performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 8:38 PM, Pradeep <pgundala@avineonindia.com> wrote:

Dear Team,

Could you please help me, after changing the below parameters in PostgreSQL configuration file it was not reflecting in OS level and also Database performance is degrading.

What were they before you changed them?

Do you mean that the performance is degrading after the change, or that the performance is degrading as the database grows, and your changes have not helped?

Example: I am using Windows 2008 R2 server .For PostgreSQL I have allocated 24GB RAM out of 32GB.

However after changing the below parameters, In task bar it is showing 2.7GB Utilization even though my utilization is more.

So kindly suggest us, whether it will impact or not in Open source PostgreSQL database

max_connections = 100

shared_buffers = 512MB

effective_cache_size = 24GB

work_mem = 110100kB

maintenance_work_mem = 2GB

checkpoint_segments = 64

checkpoint_completion_target = 0.9

wal_buffers = 16MB

default_statistics_target = 100

None of these seem unreasonable.  In order to recommend changes, we would have to know more about your database workload.  Or better yet, specific queries which seem too slow.

Cheers,

Jeff