Re: Force ssl connection

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: Force ssl connection
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 1:55 PM, Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi
<mbnoimi@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/09/2013 07:54 PM, Jeff Janes wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 10:02 AM, Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi
>> <mbnoimi@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> So may you please be more specific, what's wrong in my configurations?
>>>
>>> My pg_hba.conf content is:
>>>
>>> local   all             postgres                                peer
>>> local   all             all                                     peer
>>> host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            md5
>>> host    all             all             ::1/128                 md5
>>> host    all     all     0.0.0.0/0       md5
>>> hostssl all     all     0.0.0.0/0       md5
>>> hostnossl        all     all     0.0.0.0/0       reject
>>
>> The line below accepts all connections, whether ssl or nossl:
>>
>> host    all     all     0.0.0.0/0       md5
>>
>> It takes precedence over the reject line, as it occurs in the file
>> before the reject.
>>
>> If you remove that line, then you don't need the reject line at all.
>
> I commented it and restarted the server but I still get same result!

From your original email:
db.setHostName("localhost");

So localhost is probably matching "127.0.0.1/32" or "::1/128", which
are explicitly allowed.

> How can I absolutely be sure that my server rejects not ssl connections?

Delete or comment out every line of pg_hba.conf which you either don't
want, or don't understand.

You could move the reject line to the top of the file, but that is no
substitute for understanding every line.

Cheers,

Jeff