Re: [HACKERS] v10 pg_ctl compatibility

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: [HACKERS] v10 pg_ctl compatibility
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 4:31 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I was not using -l.  Instead I set logging_collector=on in postgresql.conf,
> but I suppose that that is not sufficent?

No, because initial stderr is still connected to whatever.

> But I just retried with -l, and it still gets the fast shutdown.

Hmph.  Doesn't work that way for me on RHEL6, which surely oughta
behave the same as your CentOS.

                        regards, tom lane

I happened to have a virgin install of CentOS7 here, so I tried it on that.  I installed 9.2 and 10rc1 from repositories (CentOS and PGDG, respectively) rather than from source, and repeated it and still got the fast shutdown when hitting ctrl-C when 10rc1 has restarted the 9.2 server.

I did the initdb, start, and restart from pg_ctl, not from whatever management tool comes with the packages.  I did it both with the database running as OS user jjanes, and separately running as OS user 'postgres', so it doesn't seem to matter whether uid is high or low.  And with '-l logfile'.

So, I don't know.

Cheers,

Jeff